Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Let the reading begin!!!


I'll be the first to admit that Taiyo doesn't have a clue what I'm saying when it comes to the books we have. But he is now beginning to take an interest in the pictures - especially those with bright multi-colored scenes. We are starting on some classics such as "Where the Wild Things are" as well as some new books that I've never seen before.

His eyes light up when a page with particular contrast is turned and he sometimes just watches me read the words for a minute or so before turning back to the next picture that unfolds. I"m as spell bound watching him as he is watching the book.

We'll be reading War in Peace from tomorrow.

P.S. Our camera broke but luckily, our video camcorder takes pictures, albeit at a lower quality. We'll treat ourselves to a late Christmas gift and take care of that little problem.

No comments: