Friday, December 01, 2006

Growing child - evolving relationships


One thing that is clear is how easy it is for parents to slowly gravitate their relationships towards others with children. This is something I've always heard about - how old friendships can suffer when one friend has a child and the priorities and interests are suddenly so different.

As I've considered this subject the last few days, I've realized that it is my responsibility to find opportunities not to try to preserve my old friendships as they were before but to really evolve them to relate to and include Taiyo.

It will be up to me to ensure that Taiyo benefits from all the wonderful things my friendships have meant to me over the years.

I want to thank all my friends who have stopped by to meet Taiyo and who have contacted us to hear all about him. I hope to do what I can to bring him into your world instead of expecting you to exclusively enter his.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd say you're bringing Taiyo into our world with this blog. Thanks for spending a few minutes each day to keep us abreast. Brooks