Saturday, July 14, 2007

First Cabin Trip



Taiyo has made his first trip to our cabin. I looked forward to this day for a long time and was happy that it happened about the first time I experienced the cabin as a child. We got into so many important elements of what makes the cabin special.

It is important to me that Taiyo get a lot of exposure to the outdoors. It seems like there are many traps to fall into that would deprive him of a connection and relationship to nature. I don't want to let that happen. I want Taiyo to understand what it means to be part of the system of life around him and I want him to grow feel at ease and hopefully love the beauty and excitement of the natural world. Our cabin is a fantastic outlet for that - one I cherish and look forward to sharing with him during our entire life together.

No comments: