Thursday, November 30, 2006

Hard nights easy days


Last night was probably the toughest for Yoshiko and Taiyo so far.

As a father and a husband, I want nothing more than to be able to take concrete action to make my family happy and content. Watching my son cry out or my wife battle through the discomforts of breast feeding and not being able to make things better is a hard pill to swallow.

It is difficult to come to terms that I can provide only so much comfort to their struggles and cannot always "make things right". I must content myself with being ready for whatever little chances reveal themselves and steel myself for the reality that there will be long moments we will all bear together.

Luckily, day comes and Taiyo soaks up his namesake with great enthusiasm and contentment.

No comments: