Friday, June 01, 2007

Personality


Someone told me that once your child reaches a year, the personality really takes off. I can say that as Taiyo has crossed the six month line, that process is well underway.

During the first six months, I grew used to observing and being affected by this being who was purely existing rather than consciously projecting. I experienced his straight existence as a great source of joy and the foundation of our interactions.

But now he is projecting - relating and reaching out to the world and to me in an entirely new way. I see it not only in how he interacts with other objects, but little signs in how he touches my shoulder when I hold him or how he asks to be picked up.

I know that this next sixth months will be a true awakening of that external projection as he comes into his personality and begins to amplify it out into his world. Exciting stuff.

No comments: